Sunday, October 4, 2009

Heeding the Prophet's Council

As I watched Conference this weekend, a particular talk stood out to me. It was Elder Bednar's address from the Saturday evening session (I think). He spoke about the need for every member of the church to bear their testimony as often as possible to everyone around them. So, as it has been several years since I have borne my testimony in Sacrament meeting, I decided I would make a concerted effort to stand up next fast Sunday and proclaim that I know that My Redeemer lives. I know he died for my sins, and rose again on the third day to break the bonds of death, and continues to plead for me with my Heavenly Father, even when I make mistakes (which I do frequently). I know that Joseph Smith knelt down in a grove and asked for guidance, and spoke to the Father and the Son face to face, and that The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true and living church on the planet today. I know that I can be forgiven, and that if I make and keep sacred covenants, I can return to live with my Heavenly Father. I know that if I can hold to the rod, and heed all the counsel of the Prophets and Apostles, I will be very blessed, and I will never go wanting for any righteous desire. And I know that He loves me! I love all of you so much, friends and Family, and I hope that as time goes on, I can show my love for you and for my Father in Heaven through my actions.

2 comments:

  1. Sam thanks for sharing with me. I loved hearing your testimony. I had to think about my own and how I can make mine stronger. Thanks you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete