Friday, July 16, 2010

Can I make it?

I don't know! It has become increasingly hard to concentrate on being in Germany when all of my thoughts are of the future. I know I am always one to worry, but I am going a little bit crazy thinking about what I have to do when I get back to Colorado. Get a job, get a phone, get health insurance, get a car, car insurance, etc. I am pretty much freaking out. Luckily, my amazing parents are going to graciously let me stay in their home until I get everything figured out, so I don't have to get an apartment yet, but somewhere down the line I am going to have to do that too. It feels like I have been avoiding life in a dream world where nothing matters except having fun and getting to work on time, and now I have to suddenly grow up and deal with real life. I am ready (I think...) to take that step, but at the same time, I'm afraid of failing at it. But onward and upward, right? I think I am coming off a little bit sad, but that is not the case at all! I am super excited, and cannot stand having to wait the month and a half I have 'til I come home! I am excited to have a real job, drive a car (finally!) and be able to start living a fulfilling life. But it is all a little bit terrifying at the same time. I am so grateful for having parents who prepared me for being a contributing member of society, and I hope I can live up to what I know they expect from me. I am also grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who watches out for me and lets me know when I am going he wrong way, no matter how much I wish I wasn't. I am grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel, and for Joseph Smith, a prophet of the Lord, who was faithful enough to stand up for what he knew was true to bring the truthfulness of the Restored Gospel!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain there. Real life is a pretty rude awakening. Zach and I are finally getting around to our own cell phone plan, and.... ouch.

    I'm so excited to see you when you come back to the states!!!! As soon as you know when you might be able to come to Rexburg, will you let me know so I can get off work????

    Love you. Love reading these posts, too. You world traveler, you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Thing, so I found you on Stacy's blog!!! You are so adorable and I miss your face! I have to admit, I am kind of jealous of you being in Germany! You deserve it and I hope you are having a blast! Growing up is hard, I don't like it either! :o) Hope I can keep in touch with you on here!

    ReplyDelete