Thursday, October 7, 2010

Having Faith

It's been an interesting few weeks. I am still waiting to hear back about a job rolling burritos at Chipotle, but I am almost positive that I got it. Not that it's my dream job, but it pays, and it's busy most of the time, so the time goes fast. Hopefully I can move up in the ranks quickly! In the meantime I am still applying to government jobs, hoping to make more than $8,000 a year. Because I do have a degree, however unmarketable it is. I still don't really know where I'm headed in the job department, but I do know I want to possibly go to Grad school sometime in the near future. I just love the idea of being a librarian! I love books, I love talking about books, analyzing books, and just the feel of a solid block of paper in my hands! So I think that may be a good thing for me to work toward.

Singles Ward is still...interesting. Most of the people there are either close to 30, or barely 18. So being in the middle is weird. There are a few people here that are in the middle with me, but it's going to take some time for me to get back into the "in" crowd. And by that I mean the crowd that hangs out outside the designated activities. So far all I've gotten is the weird guy who hits on every new girl, hoping he'll get somewhere before they figure out how odd he is. But I am determined to be nice and try to be friends with him, without giving him the wrong idea. Why do I always get the weird ones? Seriously? Oh well.
On the plus side, I have a wonderful family, great friends (who happen to be far away...) and a loving Father in Heaven. So all I need now is the faith that He will help me to figure out where my life is headed, and the strength to endure to the end. I know that the Church is true. I know Christ atoned for my sins. I now Joseph Smith was a prophet of the Lord, and that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet today. I know that He loves me, and that I am a child of God. I am so grateful for everything that I have been blessed with in my life, and I am so grateful fr a Heavenly Father who knows me by name!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sam, it sounds like life is panning something out for you, at least! I'm sorry. It's not the same thing but I know for me it has been hard to accept life here in Oregon. It is different and we have nobody here that we previously knew. Anyways, I know you will do great in whatever you do! Also, I feel your sympathy with the weird guy in the singles ward! I had that experience in my singles ward in Pocatello before I met Nate and the only thing that finally stopped him was that I started dating Nate! He seriously almost proposed to me twice. Good luck! Just know that you might HAVE to be honest with him that you are not interested! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chipotle is delicious. Actually, it sounds really good right now.

    You'd be a great librarian! I was so surprised when I found out they need a Master's. "Library Science," who knew?

    So it sounds like you're basically stuck in limbo. That stinks, Sam! I wish we could bring you back up here and have adventures again.

    Why is there always that one guy who hits on all the new girls???

    ReplyDelete