Sunday, May 3, 2015

Life as of late

I know I am terrible at blogging. But this is kind of like my online journal, and right now I feel the need to capture the moments before they're just a distant, fading memory. So this is my attempt to document the last nine months...

Pregnancy was pretty easy for me. I didn't get sick, I just got more tired than I though was humanly possible. I wanted to sleep through my entire first trimester! I could easily sleep twelve hours a night and still take a three hour nap after work. At the time I was working full-time the the MTC as a cook, and although it wasn't strenuous, I would often just collapse into bed at the end of my shift. As I entered my second trimester, I had found a different job working as a sandwich maker at a little family-run place in Provo, and I loved it! It was less demanding on time and energy, and I was grateful for the change from a huge operation serving 400-600 people three times a day to feeding just a lunch rush.

The third trimester was probably the worst, but really I have no reason to complain. I did have my bouts with sciatica and general uncomfortableness, but by large and part I wasn't really suffering from anything but lack of sleep.

Thomas, as always, was a champ. Despite being in school full-time and working full-time to support us, he always made time for his suddenly very emotional wife. That man is a saint. He frequently went to the store/Wendys/Chik-Fil-A/Cubby's when I wanted something in particular, and always made sure I had plenty of chocolate!

So as far as the pregnancy part of babies, that wasn't too hard. My body did really well carrying our two little munchkins. A little too well, actually, but more on that later.

As for the rest of life lately, things are going well! Thomas is done with school for the summer, so other than a few easy online classes he is just working. I love it! I am so excited for the day that he can be done with school and we can have hubby/daddy in the evenings and on the weekends.

After Thomas graduates next April, we have pretty much decided to stay in Utah and job hunt here. There are a few reasons for this, one being that, surprisingly, Utah has become quite the tech hub in recent years, and another being that when we decide we are ready to expand our family, being in close proximity to the U of U will be so much easier than having to come in and out of the state for several weeks at a time. Of course, life has a funny way of messing up the best laid plans, but for now that's what we're looking at doing in the near future.

We are settling into our new roles as parents now and look forward to updating everyone on the twins as much as possible! Stay tuned! 

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY! Can't wait to hear all about your exciting life!

    ReplyDelete