Friday, April 24, 2009

A New Beginning

Okay, so I fully expect absolutely no one to read this, but I wanted to be better at writing stuff down, and I am most often on the internet checking e-mail and such, so I though this would be a good outlet. Recently I have found myself reflecting on my life, and the choices I have made to get me to this point. All in all, I am pretty proud of how well I have done considering the trials and pitfalls that I have been through in my short life. But I have also realized that I have become complacent in my habits of scripture reading, praying, and the way I spend my free time (mostly wasting it!). This semester, the last one I will spend at BYU-Idaho, I've decided to change, and I have set some real goals for myself to accomplish. One reason for this is a new and wholly uexpected calling to be first counselor in my Relief Society presidency. Another reasoning for this renewed vigor is the realization that in a few short months I will be moving to a foreign country with no friends, no family, and very possibly no church members in the town I will live in. I have to be stronger than I am now in order to make it for a year without any support system at all. So here are my goals:

1) Attend the Temple at least once a week
2) Read my scriptures daily
3)Be more concious of those around me, and what I can do to help them
4) Pray more frequently, and do it right!
5) Be happy and confident

I hope that those who know me well will help me with these goals, and point out when I am faltering. I also hope that a marked difference will begin to appear in my countenance as I strive to do what the Lord would have me do. So far, I have been doing well, and hope to continue to do so!

1 comment: