Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Snow White and the Seven Dirndls

Hello my loyal fans! Or, you know, two or three readers...I am back! I wish I had more to Write about, but what goes on around here is mostly work. So I'll try to find enough interesting things to write about! The biggest thing to happen recently was the purchase and subsequent use of a shnazzy new...Dirndl! For those of you who are not familiar with Dirndls, they are a type of traditional dress worn in Bavaria for Fests and such. I have wanted one for a while, but most are very expensive (~500 euro). So I did what any sane poor person world do. I went to a thrift store. I ended up getting the whole thing for less that 150 euro! I know that is still a lot, but it really was a good deal. I love my new Dirndl, and it loves me. I got to wear it the very next day for a friend's birthday party, and had a blast feeling like a true Bavarian. At some point during the evening, someone mentioned that I reminded them of Snow White with my very pale skin, very dark hair, and peachy complexion added to the Dirndl. I always knew I was a princess. I should have guessed it would be the whitest one. Oh well!


I love it!

In other news, we had an Eighties night here a few weeks ago, and we all dressed up for it. It was a really fun time, and I look forward to doing it again real soon!


Me an Katie in our 80's gear!

Okay! That is all! Stay tuned for my trip to London at the end of February!

1 comment: