Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oh Dear. Life is at it again.

So I find myself constantly in transition lately. Every time I think I have things figured out and under control, in comes the curveball. Not that I have any complaints. I have had and will continue to have a blessed, happy, and joyful life. But happiness has never precluded trials. I was never promised an easy life, and I will continue to have hardship for the rest of my days. And for that I am grateful. If I had never had to suffer through trials in the past, I wouldn't be the smart, wonderful, capable person I am today, haha ;)

So, now an update. I am currently in the process of acquiring new employment. The woman I work for happens to be my very best friend's mother, and while I do like working for her, lately I have found that I am really not the right person for the job. It is not only causing me untold amounts of stress, but I feel that my relationship with her family is becoming strained. So, in an effort to salvage that relationship and to be happier and less stressed myself, I will be drastically cutting back the hours I work for this wonderful woman, and spending more time working another job which I have interviewed for, but have not necessarily been hired for yet. (Fingers crossed!)

So that's one thing.

Secondly, there is the boy thing. Which is frustrating, and hard, and I have spent entirely too much time talking about. I will spare you from hearing about it again.

Then there is the fact that I really, truly need a new car. But as much as I need one, I cannot afford to own one. Right now my parents have graciously allowed me to use our family's extra car, which happens to be a 1994 Ford Aerostar van. It is bright red, seats seven, has not heat or air conditioning, gets 10 miles to the gallon and eats premium gas like a champ. Also, the driver's side window doesn't roll down. Which makes ordering at a drive through, paying toll booths, and talking to people on the road very difficult.

That being said, it does run. It gets me from point A to point B. And if I end up not being able to pay rent, I could totally fit everything I own into the back of it, save my dresser. That would be a legit apartment.

Now that I have sufficiently related my sorrows, concerns, and worries, I will again go back to the fact that I am, and have always been, very blessed. I have an amazing family, awesome friends, and a loving Father in Heaven who will always supply everything I need in this life and the life to come. And for that knowledge, and the knowledge of my Savior, I will have joy for the rest of my life.

Love Love Me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment