Thursday, June 4, 2015

Six Week Update

I can't believe it's been six weeks already! In some ways it feels like it's been much longer, and in others it still feels brand new. The twins are doing great, and we are loving every day with our precious squishies.

Winter is now weighing in at 7lbs 9 oz. That's up 2lbs 9oz from birth weight. She doesn't cry much unless she's hungry or needs a new diaper, although she has started getting upset during the "witching hours" between eleven at night and one in the morning. She is our talker, she makes cute noises all day long! And she still smiles much more than her brother, usually right before she poops...haha! We are in love with her cute personality and can't wait to see more of it.

Griffin is weighing in at 8lbs 9oz, up 2lbs 12oz from birth weight. He is our whiner! He likes to "almost cry" and make little whining noises even if he's content. It's hilarious! He also likes to toss his head back dramatically and flail his arms around like a little velociraptor (bent at the elbow, hands and forearms waving up and down), it makes the whining even more humorous to watch and a bit more pitiful, haha! He is definitely a boy, he likes to be moving all the time! If he's awake, he loves to be on his back, all limbs flailing! He will also cry if he's tired, which Winter hasn't really done yet. He does smile, usually right after nursing, and it is a giant, gummy grin! I predict he will be the first to walk, but she will be the first to speak in full sentences. We'll see if I'm right!

As for me, I feel great! I hope it doesn't come across as bragging, because I had nothing to do with it, but after about two weeks my tummy and most of the rest of me looked back to normal. I was wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes (what little I have, anyway) at that point, and found out quickly that many of my dresses and tops don't accommodate my chest anymore. Time will tell if it's just pregnancy/nursing, or if it's a more permanent change! Most of my day is spent nursing or pumping, and since they were so little when they were born we have to supplement them a bit with formula so I still have the joy of preparing and washing bottles after each feeding as well. Hopefully now that they are bigger we can start to drop bottles here and there, and eventually switch to exclusively breastfeeding. Not that I'm against bottles, it's just expensive!

I'll be doing a post on my must haves for these first weeks with twins and a more full update on the twins at two months soon, so look forward to that! :)

Love, Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment