Thursday, August 26, 2010

Funny Story...

So as I was reminiscing over my three years at BYU-Idaho, I came across a random memory from one summer semester when I worked at the BYU-Idaho catering bakery. I was a sophomore, and loved my job. I got to go to work every day and make hundreds of dozens of cookies for the meal plan buffet as well as all the catering orders for school and community functions. This particular summer we made a lot of extra rolled sugar cookies that required icing, and no one ordered enough to deplete our supply, so we decided to decorate then and send them out to the buffet line. Because there was little supervision and my coworkers and I had some extra time, we decided to have a little bit of fun and write our phone numbers on a few of the cookies. We figured it was harmless, and we might get a funny phone call out of it. What we didn't account for was the large number of EFY kids that ate every meal at the buffet. Oops! So the next day, I had a message on my cell from a seventeen-year-old, asking if I could meet up with him!! Ghaa! I figured I could just ignore it, but then I answered the phone the next tome he called without realizing it! He asked me how old I was (at the time I was three years older than him) and if I could meet him by the dorms at midnight. Of course I declined, but he was persistent. Little bugger. He called me every night that week! I never met up with him, and he eventually got the hint, but it was my first lesson in thinking through my ideas before acting upon them. It is still a really funny story, and one that I reflect on fondly, just becuase it was such a funny situation! How could I have forgotten about EFY with hundreds of teenagaers on campus making my life difficult? Getting in my way? So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment