Friday, August 14, 2009

First Adventure!

This Friday a group from the Abrahms (the employee housing) went to a little town called Murnau in Germany known for a small Gasthaus/brewery/restaurant to celebrate a few birthdays. I was invited by a girl I met at the Fest last Wednesday. We caught the Six O'clock train, and with a Bayern pass, paid very little for our tickets. Once there, we got some great food and had a great time! I was excited for my first official out-of-town trip here in Europe.



My meal, which consisted of traditional Knodl and Pork with Mushrooms. Soooo good!


Sorry this is sideways, that's never happened before! This is the view from the train!


Getting on the train to Murnau!


So the guy who picked us up at the airport told us that cows walk right through the downtown of Garmisch every day to get to and from their homes. I hadn't ever seen them before, so I was astonished to see them actually blocking traffic today! It was so funny!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! I want to ride that train!!! And use a three-pronged fork! And have adventures with you again! (Remember the ducks? You should play the see-how-close-I-can-get game with the cows. Only, I don't recommend laying down in the road. lol)


    Oh, and I just wasted 30 seconds of my life feeding your virtual fish. Thanks. lol.

    ReplyDelete