Thursday, September 3, 2009

Update!

Okay, so first off, my camera was stolen, so no more pictures for a while, until I can afford to replace it. I know, sad. :( But on the bright side, I have been having the best time! Two weeks ago I had the chance to go to Munich for the day and see the city. I took my friend Jen, and we had so much fun! We started by going to an outdoor grocery market and wandering around, then we found a free walking tour in Marienplatz that took you all around the old city center. It was so cool to see all the architecture that was destroyed and then rebuilt after the war. The Germans sure do pay attention to detail! The guide wa funny and engaging, and we enjoyed it very much. After the tour Jen and I separated so she could go home and I could go stay with my Missionaries (my Uncle's parents are on a mission here, and they put me up whenever I stay overnight). Sunday was wonderful, as usual, and I had a great night. The next weekend I spent Saturday reading and chilling out in my room, because it rained all day. This is turning out to be indicative of the weather round here in general. Rain. Sunday I took an early train and decided to stay in Munich for an activity that a few YSA's in the area do every Sunday night. We made Mexcian food with the sister missionaries, and sat around talking and having a good time. The guy who lives only a couple of towns over accompanied me most of the way home, and I can't wait for this Sunday to do it again! I had so much fun, and I look forward to getting to know there kids ore in coming weeks! As for friends here in Garmisch, I have finally found a few. A girl I work with named Tyane, who is very religious and easy going, Ben, who came in two weeks after I did who is also christian, and Scott, who is so funny and such a cool kid! We have hung out a few times and we have so much fun together. Last night we all went to get some dinner at a Doner Kebap joint downtown, and while getting Gelato afterward, we got hit with some major rain. We got a cab home, and spent the rest of the night watching Phantom of the Opera on the big screen downstairs. It was so much fun, and I really feel like I am beginning to find my niche here. All in all, I am settling in at last, and I have high hopes for the next year!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for niches!! Sammy. I'm so glad you're still having fun and making friends. I miss you, and it's utterly infuriating to think about you up there alone and friendless and sick. I hope things keep going up from here!

    I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete