Sunday, September 27, 2009

Decisions, Decisions.

So here it is. I have so many choices to make, and anyone who knows me well, knows that I stress over things WAY earlier than I need to. I had my life planned after college four times before actually settling into one option. And that was six months before graduation! I know many people have planned that far out, but it seemed like I rushed into something when I was just terrified that I would get stuck somewhere I didn't want to be, and the easiest plan was to come here to Germany and work for a year. I figured that because everything fell into place so easily that it was a sign that coming here was the right choice. But is staying here for the full year also the right choice? Am I supposed to come, learn about the world, and then call it good, or should I stubbornly stick it out for the sake of chalking it up to experience, although I am not happy? What is the right choice? So mny options are open to me right now, and I have had way too much time the past few days to think about it. I could move back home and attend Culinary School. I could move to Oregon and try to find a bakery or restaurant to take me without a proper Culinary degree. I could move to New York with Ashley and find a bakery to work for and call it an internship. Or I could look for a job teaching English in Munich, or I could become a cat lady with 27 cats and take Claritin every day. So many options! But what is right for me? I guess for the time being I am just going to keep on trucking and hope that I begin to enjoy living her a little better, and pray that I can keep in good health, and see how the chips fall. Maybe there is something I am supposed to accomplish here that I haven't done yet, and maybe it really is just supposed to be an experience that teaches me more about the world outside the "Bubble". All I can do is pray and know that what happens is supposed to happen, and go from there. And maybe I should stop being so antsy and just take time to smell the roses. I know I'm just feeling this way because I'm unhappy with my situation and being sick in a foreign country has a negative affect on most people's outlook. I guess I just like to review all the possibilities and see what interests me the most, and right now I have time to do that. But the Church is true, The Lord knows what I need, and I know that He lives and loves me! What else could a girl want?

3 comments:

  1. hey I say for now you should stay. I know you are lonely but just get some cool friends! Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam!!! You are such a cute sharp girl and I know that you will succeed wherever you go! Keep your head high and you will be blessed! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy, I love you!!! I believe in you. You know how to get answers.

    <3

    ReplyDelete