Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why does Japan have so many earthquakes?

So the funny title is just the first prompt that popped up when I typed a w into the text box. I thought it was funny and kept it, although it has nothing to do with the actual subject matter in this post.

And now for the actual post.

So it's coming up on week seven of my adventure in Germany, and things are...interesting. I have had the good fortune of being sick for almost two weeks now, and it is making it hard to want to stay here, despite the fact that I get to live in a foreign country rent free. I am trying really hard to just push through it, but when you can hardly eat anything for two weeks straight, you begin to wonder if moving so far away from home and people you love was a rash thing to do. Unfortunately, the closest health care facility is two towns over, and I haven't been able to get there yet, so I have no idea what is wrong, and it isn't getting any better. But more on that later.

On the bright side, I have made many friends among the YSAs in Munich, and we always have a great time together on Sunday. Last Sunday we all got together and went to Salzburg for a single's ward. The ward is mobile, and meets about once every few months, each time in a different city. This time, it was in the beautiful Austrian city of Salzburg! The meeting lasted two hours, then dinner was served, and our group decided to take in a few sights before heading back to Munich. We saw the house used in the filming of The Sound of Music (!!!!!) and the lake that the Von Trapp children fell into with Maria. Then we walked past a beautiful castle high on a hill, and saw the gate Maria enters in the movie. After strolling through the Austrian countryside, we caught a bus into town and saw the birthplace of Mozart! It was very cool, and we loved seeing all the great sights. Once we saw enough to leave us all planning a trip back, we headed for the train station. At one point, we realized that we would not be able to make the train unless we ran the final 1/3 mile or so. I was in heels that had already given me huge blisters. So I took them off and ran in my stockings all the way to the train station. Needless to say, I had very dirty feet and ruined nylons upon arrival, but we made it!! Thankfully, we then had a two hour train ride to cool off and settle back down after all the hullabaloo. It was such a fun trip, and it makes me even more excited for Scotland in November! Hopefully I will be able to borrow a camera for that trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment