Thursday, September 8, 2011

Life

...is interesting.

So the past few weeks have been a bit rough for me. I have been somewhere in the middle of not-quite-adult and full-on-adult, and it has become painfully clear to me that living life is HARD. Not only am I in a transitional period when it comes to my temporal life, but I have been going through a tough transition in my spiritual life as well.

Just to recap last Friday:

My parents told me I was no longer welcome in their home, and that I needed to find another situation as soon as possible. Not because I have done anything wrong, but because they believe that I am hindering my own personal growth by remaining at home.

My Boss decided it was a great time to give me a lecture about where my life is going, and made me cry for the second time that day. For those of you that know me, I am not the crying type. It exhausts me.

Also, my phone ended up getting exposed to water in my purse, and died. Icing on the cake.

After this epic fail of a day, I was just so tired! The rest of the week followed, and along with looking for a second job, a new place to live, and a car within my price range for when my poor old van finally dies, I was told that I was being removed from the Family phone plan, and that I needed to get my own phone.

Which I did.

And then today I was feeling like I should call a girl in my ward to see if she still needed a roommate, and she said she did, and I could move in...tomorrow.

So it's been a crazy week. Add on top of that the fact that my "special friend" has recently been completely ignoring me and when we do converse, seems completely disinterested, and you have the cherry on top of my life feeling like it's completely out of control.

Please tell me I am not the only one who has felt this way!! I know I'm not, but it is just so...different for me. I have never felt so helpless in my own life. I do feel better now that I have a solid plan and a place to live, but it has been a very long journey from just last Friday.

I know it probably sounds like I am lamenting my lot in life, but I'm not. When I decided to follow Christ and come to earth, I knew it was going to be hard. I knew it was going to hurt, and that I was going to cry sometimes, and that I would have to deal with heartbreak and turmoil. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to move in with other LDS young adults, I am blessed to have been raised to know the Gospel and to know that I am a child of God, and I am so very blessed to know that I am loved by so many people (even if it's not always the people I'd like!). I know that I am a Daughter of God, and that I have infinite worth, and that I am smart, talented, and worth far more than I can comprehend. I am so grateful to have a loving family, a terrific Ward, a fun calling, and a job. I have some of the most incredible friends, and I am so happy that I have them in my life to lift me up and to tell me it's okay and that I am loved. I am so very blessed!

I know that I have a way back to my Father in Heaven, and I know that Jesus Christ died for me. I know Joseph Smith was a Prophet and that he restored the only true and living Church on the earth today. I hope that all of you who read this know how much I love and appreciate you, and how much more your Heavenly Father loves you!

Never forget that He is always there for you!

1 comment:

  1. I think I know how you feel and I'm very impressed by your faith in moving forward and making a plan for your life. I have loved watching you grow even though in the last two years I haven't actually physically seen you. I think this movie might be something you'd like. You are right to remember who you are. http://lds.org/pages/mormon-messages-gallery?lang=eng&query=good+things+come#good-things-to-come

    ReplyDelete