Saturday, September 24, 2011

CAKE

Woof. Making cakes is a time consuming activity! As I write this, I am waiting for a 12-inch cake to cool (which takes a while), and sitting at the kitchen table in my baking attire (pajamas covered in powdered sugar). As much as I stress out over doing cakes like this, I always have a sense of accomplishment when I finish and the Bride is happy with the outcome. Hopefully this bride will be happy! If she isn't...I just hope I didn't ruin her wedding...

Anyway.

So lately I have been thinking about life in general and where I want my life to go. Being single, I have no attachments or responsibilities here. I could go and do anything I want. The problem is...I don't want anything that I can get for myself. All I want is to have a family, and that is highly dependent on a second party being willing. Which at this point, I have all but given up on.

I know, I'm dramatic.

But seriously.

So instead of lamenting my lot in life (the lot being eternal singlehood) I have decided that I am going to choose to make the best of my situation. So. Here is the plan.

1. Get a great job that has benefits and pays well enough.

2. Choose places that I want to travel to/friends I would like to visit.

3. Work and save up to go to those places after saving up for a new car.

4. Choose some classes I would like to take from the local community college (like metal working, Confectionary, etc.)

5. Take said classes when I have time.

Good plan, right?

I think so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment