Friday, July 6, 2012

I think you underestimate the sneakiness...

So last weekend I was super sneaky. Ninja. Stealth. Under the radar.

I managed to surprise Thomas (the love of my life).

I must admit, it was difficult. I am the kind of person that has a hard time with surprises. If I get you a Christmas present, chances are you will have to open it in front of me long before Christmas day, just so I can have the pleasure of seeing the joy on your face when you see how perfect the gift is. This probably stems from the fact that getting people gifts is my favorite thing. I LOVE it.

So anyway. It was hard. I knew a week ahead of time that I was going to surprise him. And because he is my one and only, obviously we talked quite a bit between the time I knew about the surprise and when it actually took place. I almost told him so many times, it's not funny. Every time he said he missed me, or that he was tired, or bored, or hungry, or annoyed, or any other complaint, I ached to let him know that soon I would be holding him in my arms! But I held strong, and it was worth it.

This is how it all went down.

On Friday, June 22nd, I got a phone call. A girl in my ward who I also happen to Visit Teach was the caller, and she asked me if I would like to go to Utah with her. She was going out for a wedding and needed a driving buddy. Struggling not to scream in exultation at her, I agreed. We would leave the following Thursday morning and stay the weekend, driving back on Monday.

That week was torturous. Every time I talked to Thomas, I knew in the back of my mind that I would soon see his handsome face. It made me want to climb through the phone and cuddle him. But because there are currently no available modes of instant transportation, I would just have to wait.

Thursday rolled around quickly, which was a blessing. We left early in the morning and drove almost non-stop to Provo. We arrived around 5pm, and then i had to wait. I was staying with my amazing friend Bethany, and the poor girl had to put up with my craziness for the afternoon. I called Thomas and asked him to let me know when he was going to be home from work, as I needed Bethany to  drop something off to him. He called at around 7pm. I was in a frenzy of excitement. I jumped up and down, freaked out, and the drive over in the car was almost too much to bear. Every red light was an eternity.

We finally made it to Campus Plaza. I sent Bethany up to get him, and she told him what she had for him was still in the car. They began walking down the stairs.  They rounded the corner. I popped out from behind a bush.

He was surprised.

We hugged, kissed, and just clung to each other. After four weeks we were so happy to see each other! I know all I wanted to do it sit on the couch and cuddle for four days straight. Unfortunately, he had some things to do, and we were staying a few miles apart in Provo. But the weekend went swimmingly (no, seriously, we swam...) and at the end it was hard to say goodbye. Fortunately, we are going to see each other at the end of the month, so only a few weeks remain until I see him again.

I seriously love that man.

In case you missed that.

1 comment: