Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm trying, okay?

So, for those of you who actually read my blog, you know I am horrible at updating it. This is my attempt at being better. Two posts in one week-unheard of! Believe it! ;)

So now is the part where I write something witty and hilarious...

Yeah, about that...

There is NOTHING going on. Seriously. I work about 4 hours a day (if I'm lucky), and the rest of the time I try to either get wedding stuff done or sit around moping because I miss Thomas. Sometimes I try to eat something. This usually ends badly.

So instead of trying to tell you about my day-to-day life, I thought I would take a page out of my friend Anne's book and do a list of 50 very random things about me that nobody really ever needed or wanted to know.

1. I can't eat salad. Not won't...can't.

2. I enjoy being outdoorsy, which you would never be able to tell by the amount of time I actually spend outside.

3. Somewhat because of not spending a lot of time outside and mostly because I am just heinously pale, I have always been unable to tan very well. I don't really count this as a tragedy.

4. I really like Oreos. So therefore, I will not buy them. This goes for any kind of food I very much enjoy. Like Triscut crackers, HoHos, and any kind of potato chip. Mostly because any time I do buy any of these, I end up eating the whole box/bag/package. So I just don't. Very often.

5. I like to feed people. Most probably already know this about me, but still. It's my favorite thing. When I am married, if you happen to live in the general vicinity of Provo, I will most likely invite you to dinner. Just expect it at some point.

6. I hate spiders. Unless they are tarantulas. I'm okay with tarantulas.

7. I really want to step foot on every continent. Four down, three to go!

8. I love kids. Which is great, since Thomas wants 6.

9. When I am stressed out, I usually go to the worst case scenario. When I was in college, every time I had to take a test, I would tell myself that if I flunked out of college, I would just have to marry a guy named Bubba, and all of our 12 children would go shoeless because we were so poor.

10. I tend to be a bit dramatic. In case you missed that.

11. I love gardening. The fact that you can plant a tiny seed and it will become a huge plant fascinates me!

12. I love dogs. I have wanted one since I was five, and at eighteen I finally got one! Now I have to leave her behind, but I'm positive I will have dogs in the future. I even think about what I would name them...currently the top choices are Milo and Ruby.

13. I have never broken a bone, and hope to never experience that.

14. I used to love roller coasters and things of that nature, but recently they just give me a headache. I will always, however, go on those rides that take you up high and drop you. Like the Tower of Terror. Best. Ride. Ever.

15. I also love Splash Mountain.

16. And Disneyland in general.

17. I have been to Disneyand in California and Paris, but never Disney World.

18. I can make awesome wedding cakes, but I have vowed never to make one again. Too much stress. I mean, I could ruin someone's wedding!

19. For this very reason, among others, I have decided not to have a wedding cake at my wedding. Nope. Not doing it.

20. When I was growing up, I seriously thought I would be married at 19 or 20. Ha. Hahaha. Ha.

21. I LOVE Sundays. They are my favorite day of the week. Probably because any time someone asks me to do something on Sunday I get to say, "No can do. It's the Sabbath."

22. I also love church, just in case you thought I sat around like a lazy blob all day Sunday.

23. I love olives. All kinds of them. Green, black, purple...mmmm...

24. At one point, I could have sworn I was going to die on the side of a mountain in Thailand. Long story.

25. I hate making phone calls. Given the choice I would rather email, or text, or talk face-to face. Unless your name happens to be Thomas, in which case I would listen to your sexy voice on the phone any time of the day.

26. I am madly in love with a boy named Thomas Tingey. Luckily, he loves me back, so it's not a weird stalker relationship where I creep outside of his apartment and spring out at him adoringly. At least, not all the time.

27. I don't like cooking for myself. If I have to do it, most of the time it will be a grilled cheese.

28. I eat like a two-year-old. Not messily, but not very much at once.

29. In fact, I have been out-eaten by a two-year-old. Touche, Gabriella.

30. I have a favorite child at work. We're not technically allowed to have favorites, but he is just the most awesome child ever. I found out yesterday that he named his teddy bear after me. How adorable is that?

31. Whenever I decide to paint my nails, inevitably I will be doing something in the near future that will mess them up. Just my fingernails, though. Weird.

32. When I was in kindergarten, I decided it was my life's goal to own three horses: a brown, white, and red trio. Their names would be Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry, respectively.

33. In college, I took all the horseback riding classes BYU-Idaho offers. I can rope, jump, barrel race, and herd. I'm legit.

34. In the 25 years I have been alive, my family has only ever owned Mac computers. If that offends you, you may fight me.

35. I can wiggle my ears, curl my tongue, and raise one eyebrow. That's talent.

36. I am also a champion whistler. However, if other people whistle, it drives me crazy. So I try and keep my whistling to a minimum so as not to be a hypocrite.

37. I hate being called Sammy.

38. Some of my nicknames are: Sis, Sammy Sam, Spam, Samwise, Sammy Sosa, and Ghetto Booty Girl. Don't ask about that last one.

39. My GPS unit is named Jarvis, and answers to that name. Thanks, Thomas! ;)

40. I LOVE museums, aquariums, botanical gardens, etc. They are so much fun!

41. I have eaten Haggis. Yep. That happened.

42. My hair has been every color that happens in nature (blonde, brown, black, red).

43. I don't do well on very little sleep. In fact, I become narcoleptic and start falling asleep randomly in the middle of sentences if I am up too late at night.

44. I really love sleep. I will consistently sleep nine hours a night.

45. I have had 12 jobs since the age of 18. Before that I would babysit, but as far as actually getting paid by a company, I have had 12. That seems like an inordinate amount to me. But hey, I moved around a lot.

46. I would rather be cold than hot. There is only so much you can take off to escape the heat, you can always put more layers on if you're cold. Or, you know, cuddle with another warm body...

47. I would rather eat fresh fruit than dessert. I absolutely LOVE fresh fruit. I also make a bomb awesome fruit dip. Don't ask for the recipe...it's a secret! ;)

48. I love to sing, and am randomly singing at all times of the day. Including in the shower. And in the kitchen. And especially in the car.

49.  If you have read this far, give yourself a pat on the back for staying awake this long!

50. I am a generally happy person, but the thing that makes me so happy is the amazing and merciful gospel of Jesus Christ. I love my Heavenly Father, and I know he loves me! I wouldn't be the woman I am today without the loving guidance of my earthly and heavenly parents, and I am grateful that I was raised in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.



Well, if you made it through the whole post, kudos! I will be better at posting, I promise!


1 comment: