Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 5

A habit I have that I wish I didn't:

I have a lot of these. Who doesn't? Trying to pick one is like trying to chose a favorite ice cream, every time you think you know which flavor you want, you think of a different one you want more. Then you just end up choosing five or six.

Anyway.

I guess right now my least favorite habit is the way I over-think EVERYTHING. Really. Sometimes I have to sing a hymn in my head to make it stop. I like to consider every angle of a situation. However, often said situation involves a third party over which I have no control, so speculation is not only pointless, but detrimental to my mental health. But I do it anyway. It's worse when I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone about it to work out exactly what I am nervous/excited/worried/angry about.

And it drives me nuts.

I know I should stop, but I very seldom can without outside encouragement. So that is my bad habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment